So, I made Beef stroganoff the other night for dinner. It’s quick, it’s good, and it’s comforting. If you would like to make it from scratch, which of course tastes better than a box, read on!
- 1/2 Stick Butter
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (Or 2 teaspoons)
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 8 oz. Fresh Mushrooms, sliced and chopped (About a cup)
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 2 Cups Beef Broth
- 8 oz. Wide Egg Noodles
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Prepare your ingredients. Mince the garlic, slice the mushrooms, prepare your broth. I used Better than Bullion Beef to make mine, one can of that stuff lasts for like...ever. I have chicken, vegetable, and beef. Totally worth the investment.
- Start with the garlic, saute the butter and add the garlic to it. Stir for about 2 minutes, or until the garlic is soft and fragrant.
- Add the ground beef to your garlic and butter mix, add the mushrooms, and continue until beef is browned and mushrooms are soft.
- Add the flour and mix for about 2 minutes. The flour may coat the bottom of your pan and that's okay.
- Once the flour is all mixed in, add the beef broth to dissolve the flour, and add half the can of Cream of Mushroom soup. Bring to a boil.
- Add the noodles.
- Put a lid on it, and reduce the heat to low, (I usually put mine to about 3 on the dial), and simmer for 10 minutes. Mix if you feel that your noodles may stick to the pan, but I just leave the lid on.
- After it's done cooking, and the noodles are tender, add the remaining can of cream of mushroom soup, and serve!