So, chickenbog. This is a dish that Charlie learned how to make while living in South Carolina. It’s kind of like gumbo, or jambalaya, but not as spicy. It’s a ‘comfort food’. Really easy to make if you have the ingredients, and even better the next day. I made it for dinner tonight! Enjoy the recipe.
- 3lbs. Chicken (Or 2 Chicken Breasts)
- 1 lb. Sausage (Your choice)
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 1 Chopped Celery Stalk
- 1/2 Cup Butter (1 Stick)
- 2.5 Teaspoons Seasoned Salt
- 2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Powdered Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Chicken Bullion
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 8 Cups of Water
- 3 Cups of Rice
- Slice the sausage, chop the onion, chop the celery.
- In a Stockpot, add the chicken, sausage, onion, butter, seasonings, and bay leaves.
- Add Water, bring to boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes (40 if you are using bone in chicken).
- Remove chicken, bring back to boiling, and add rice, then cover and simmer.
- Cook for another 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, shred the chicken.
- Soon as the rest is done, add the chicken, remove the bay leaves, mix and serve.